Flame Resistant Clothing Course
Is your company in need of assistance developing and implementing an FR clothing program?
Are you concerned:
- How to develop an effective FR clothing program for your utility?
- When and where FR clothing is required to be worn?
- What needs to be included in your FR clothing program?
- How current and future NESC, ASTM, NFPA 70E, IEEE and Federal OSHA standards and regulations apply, and will apply to your company?
ESCI offers companies cost-effective and straight forward answers and solutions to all your FR clothing program needs. We can assist you in:
- Assessing your arc hazard potential.
- The application of a cost effective FR clothing program that fits your entire electric utility system.
- Understanding current Federal OSHA 1910.269 FR clothing requirements for electric utilities.
- Understanding the current NESC FR Clothing requirements.
- Preparing for the future revisions of Federal OSHA's FR clothing requirements.
- Understanding the application of the NESC versus NFPA 70E.
- How to separate the arc flash hazards into voltage classes, work practices and work positioning.
- The use of engineering controls to limit arc flash hazards and FR clothing requirements.
- Understanding the application of the 2007 NESC Table 410-1 and 410-2.
- How to address low voltage FR clothing requirements.
- FR shirts, jackets, raingear and other clothing available in the industry today.
ESCI's staff has many years of combined FR clothing program experience including:
- Being an active member of the NESC Subcommittee 8 "Work Rules".
- Assisting in developing NESC 410.A.3 "FR Clothing Requirements" and NESC 410-1 and 410-2 FR clothing tables.
- Being a member of the NESC Subcommittee 8 "Low Voltage FR Clothing Task Force".
- Testifying and providing written comments to Federal OSHA on the revisions of OSHA 1910.269 and OSHA 1926 Subpart V.
- Being active voting members of ASTM F-18 FR clothing standards.
- Currently providing consulting services to a number of electric utilities in their FR clothing needs, including two of the largest west coast electric utilities.
Instructor: Mr. Brian Erga, President of ESCI Inc, has more than 35 years of electric utility experience, including 17 years in electric utility safety and work methods. Mr. Erga is a member of the NESC Subcommittee 8 "Work Rules" and assisted in developing Section 410.A.3 and Table NESC 410-1 and 410-2 published in the 2007 NESC. He is a member of the NESC Subcommittee 8 Low Voltage FR Clothing Task Force, and personally testified and provided written comment to Federal OSHA on the revisions of OSHA 1910.269 and OSHA 1926 Subpart V. Mr. Erga is an active voting member of ASTM F-18 which develops and maintains the ASTM FR clothing standards. Mr. Erga and the ESCI staff have, and continue to provide consulting services to electric utilities across the US on development and implementation of FR clothing programs.
Call or email ESCI NOW!!! for assistance in all your FR clothing needs.
Visit our Training Courses page for more details.
© ESCI, Inc. 2021 | Providers of Safety, Training, and Consulting Services | All rights reserved.